I am a mid-30's something gay white male, third-generation native Washingtonian, living in NW DC. I work in local politics and can be found hanging with friends at the DC Eagle, Titan, and various happy hour spots around town including Zengo, and sometimes Cafe Nema. More often than not, though, I can be found dallying in billiards and addictive bar video games. Bud light is my drink of choice. Buy me one, ok?

Friday, October 27, 2006

August 10, 2006 -- People, Their Cell Phones and Unrecognized Numbers

One of my major frustrations is unwanted phone calls on my cell phone from some moron who says, "this number just called my phone?"

First of all, most numbers don't have the ability to dial someone else's digits. Second, if I see a number pop up I don't recognize, I usually let it go unanswered. Sure curiosity is natural and you wonder who it is. But if there is no voicemail, then obviously it was a wrong number or something like that. I just had one of these calls.

"Yeah, this number just called my phone?" To which I replied, "No, I'm sorry, but it didn't," and hung up. The guy calls back, "Yo slim, why you gonna just hang up on a brother like that for, this number for sure called my phone." *Sigh* "I'm really sorry, but it did not. My phone is sitting here peacefully on my dresser and doesn't have the ability to flip open and dial by itself, and I was watching tv so did not dial either." His reply, "fuck you asshole and stop calling me." LOL

Another phenomena for me is calling someone, getting their voicemail, leaving a specific message. They call you later, "you called?" "Yes, I did, did you get my message?" "No, I didn't check, what did you want?" ARGH!

Would it be evil of me to call the "fuckyou asshole" guy later? >;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home